Volant Cold Air Intake Review
The Volant Cold Air Intake has the ability to take your vehicle to the next level. If you’re looking for that extra oomph that you’ve been missing we might have just found it for you. Volant CAI makes some pretty awesome claims of gains around 18 HP and 40 lbs. torque. Not only are there claims of increased performance but also increased gas mileage as well. Does the Volant Cold Air Intake live up to its impressive claims? Both yes and no.
Yes, it provides a boost in HP and Torque but not as much as it claims. Each vehicle is different but we are fairly confident in saying that you probably won’t see gains of 18 HP and 40 lbs. torque but that shouldn’t change your mind about this system considering it really does improve performance enough where you’d definitely feel it.
Another claim that is made is that it increases gas mileage. This in-fact is also true, an increase of 1-3 mpg can be expected. Increasing air flow to the engine makes it run more smoothly and efficiently giving you that extra boost in mpg.
Volant Cold Air Intake – Features & Specifications:
- Increased horsepower, torque & MPG with the Volant Cold Air Intake System
- Specifically designed for your vehicle
- Molded polyethylene ducts give your engine a clear, cool air passage
- Volant with specialized filtration technology air filters available for select vehicles
- Certain models equipped with a power-inducing enclosed air box
- Chrome Volant box lid sports a sleek look and offers easy filter access
- Stainless-steel marine-grade clamps withstand engine heat and the elements
- Most models install in 1 hour or less (minor modifications may be required)
- 1 Year Warranty
Volant Cold Air Intake Reviews:
We’ve sifted through the many reviews to come to a conclusion. The Volant CAI is not as common of a cold air intake as some of it’s competitors like K&N and AEM but that doesn’t mean it’s not a good product. One of the positive things that Volant does over most of the other big makers is that the filter is enclosed. It helps with keeping the filter clean and the air flowing into the filter to be quite a bit colder than the ones that don’t offer an insulated air box. As for the price, it is comparable to the other makers, it’s not much cheaper or more expensive then the rest. A downside to Volant is since every cold air intake is custom made not all vehicles are supported.
Overall, we have to give the Volant Cold Air Intake a thumbs up considering that the vast majority of the reviewers were very pleased with the product and the performance boost it provided. You can feel confident if you purchase this CAI you’ll be pleased with it.
Have volant intake with the powercore filter on my silverado with a banks moster cat back. I recived a gain of 25hp and 50lbs tq truck runs better than new love volants intake and is a snap to install. (Tip) install intake and performance exhaust at same time for TRUE gains.
Hello I just purchased a Volant 19750 cai for my 2013 mustang gt 5.0 automatic i will list pros & cons
1. Car seems to breath easier as expected since has two opening instead of one that the stock cai came with.
2. noticeable improvement in gas mileage. Seem to be getting in the city what the car got ob the hwy with the stock cai.
3. Seems a lot smoother tone out of the exhaust.
4. You don’t need a tuner but i have a diablo n mine.
1. No installation instructions! just a parts list!!!
2. the air box just sits in the space and has no way to attach it to the car and may rub holes in it do to vibration at later date.
3. Two of the three hose connection will not work, i had to remove stock connector on small hose and buy a hose clamp. the medium sized hose going to valave cover you will have to replace or cut the stock adapter off and buy two hose clamps and use the a piece of hose they sent . The third larger hose fit normally and to do nothing to it.
4. the mass flow air sensor now mounts on opposite side upside down from stock installation and i don’t know if that makes a difference or not.
5. The plastic see through window looks great in pictures but looks extremely cheap in person.
6. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH TOOLS AND PARTS CAN EASILY FALL IN TO ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND ARE A BITCH TO RETRIEVE.
imo THIS WAS CAI 19750 THIS WAS FOR ANOTHER YEAR OR MAKE THAT THE HALF ASS RETROFITTED TO FIT A 2013 5.0 GT MUSTANG. I ENDED UP BUYING TWO 3/4 HOSE CLAMPS AND ONE 1/2′ HOSE CLAMP. HAD TO REMOVE STOCK CONNECTORS SO THE HOSES WOULD FIT THE VOLANT CAI CONNECTORS. INSTALLATION LOOKS OK OTHER THAN THE BOX JUST SITS THERE AND IS NOT ATTACHED. i APPEAR TO BE HAPPY WITH OVERALL IMPROVEMENTS NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE HOW IT HOLDS UP TO NORMAL WEAR & TEAR. I CHOSE THIS OVER K & N AND DONT KNOW IF I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.