I’ve used a few products from DECIEM’s The Ordinary skincare line for three years. I decided to write a review on the products I’ve tried with extensive use.
The Ordinary skincare is a budget-friendly product line from DECIEM. They are high-quality at a fraction of the price of comparable quality products.
I’ve tried many products from ‘The Ordinary’ product line. However, I will review the products I’ve used the most extensively.
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser is the best cleanser I’ve ever tried! It’s gentle enough not to cause you to break out but strong enough to remove anything on your face. It’s not overly drying, as I’ve found with other cleansers.
How I use it: I place a pea-size amount in my palm and rub my hands together until it practically melts; I know they say it can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds, but I’ve found that sometimes it will take longer than that for it to turn into an oil consistency. Be patient; it can take a while to liquify.
It comes in 50ml and 150ml bottles. The 50ml size lasts about a month if you use it morning and night.
- It doesn’t cause acne breakouts.
- It doesn’t dry out your skin.
- Easy spreadability.
- It washes off easily.
- It can be a little pricey if used morning and night.
- It can take a while for it to liquify in your hands.
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum is a good product for getting rid of blemishes and giving you radiant, glowing skin.
The results may take a while to see, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised if you’re anything like me. Smooth, radiant skin is achievable with continued use. It may take a month to see the full effects.
How I use it: Place a drop on the forehead and each cheek. Rub in.
- It’s cheap, and the bottle lasts a while.
- It improves blemishes/bumps with continued use.
- A noticed improvement with skin texture.
- Continued use is needed to reap benefits long-term.
- It can take a while to see results.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
The Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 serum is my favorite product from The Ordinary skincare line.
It hydrates and leaves your skin silky soft even from the first use. Surface hydration is greatly improved, causing your skin to look smooth and hydrated.
How I use it: Apply it to your clean face. With my face still a little wet from washing off cleanser, I place a drop on my forehead and each cheek. Spread it in.
- It hydrates skin effectively.
- It doesn’t cause breakouts.
- Inexpensive, but good quality.
- If too much is used, it can start “pilling.”
- Some people don’t like the consistency.
The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
A hydrating moisturizer that doesn’t cause breakouts like many I’ve tried in the past. It dries without leaving a greasy feel—a perfect finishing product after applying all other serums.
How I use it: After using a cleanser and applying all other serums, spread a small amount on your face. If you are using sunscreen (recommended), apply this moisturizer and then use sunscreen after.
- It doesn’t cause acne breakouts.
- It dries without leaving skin greasy.
- It’s great for sensitive skin.
- Price has increased (but so has everything else in this world).
- Out of stock all the time.
- It should come in a larger size.
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane
I just tried this squalane for the first time about a month ago. Its light oil-like texture restores skin hydration. I’ve been recently shaving my head, and it’s a great lightweight solution that helps combat dry skin but is gentle enough not to clog pores.
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane will be a repeat purchase of mine.
How I use it: Apply a few drops to clean scalp and face after water-based serums.
- The light oil-like texture spreads easily.
- Formulated without unnecessary ingredients, it’s only plant-derived squalane.
- Have to rub in fast, or it’ll run down quickly due to its thin consistency.
- It should come in a larger bottle.
The Ordinary Skincare Line – Concluding Thoughts
DECIEM’s ‘The Ordinary’ skincare line is good quality and has various products that cover all the bases.
The Ordinary caters to those not looking to spend car payment money on a skincare routine.
All The Ordinary products I’ve tried have been good, except I didn’t like the ‘Mineral UV Filters.’
Overall, DECIEM hit a homerun with The Ordinary skincare line.